University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice, seated at Šrobárova 2, 041 80, ID: 00397768 established by the Act No. 361/1996 Coll. on dividing the University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice (hereinafter referred to as "the licensee").
The submitter of contribution for publication in a scientific journal STUDIA IURIDICA Cassoviensia published by Faculty of Law, University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice identified in the submitted form for submitting the articles listed on the website http://sic.pravo.upjs.sk, or in the e-mail addressed to the Editorial Office and in the attached article (hereinafter referred to as "the author").
The mutual relations of both parties are governed by the Act No. 185/2015 Coll., the Copyright Act as amended (hereinafter referred to as the "Copyright Act") and by the Act No. 40/1964 Coll., the Civil Code as amended.
Article IIIObject of the agreement, method and duration of using of the work
1. By this agreement the author grants the permission to use the work stated in the paragraph 2 of this article of this agreement (hereinafter referred to as "License") under the conditions defined herein.
2. Name of the work is stated in the form for submitting the articles listed on the website http://sic.pravo.upjs.sk in the attached file (hereinafter referred to as the "work").
3. Method of using of the work:
a) the publication and the distribution of the work on the website of the electronic journal STUDIA IUIRIDICA Cassoviensis and on CDs;
b)the publication and the distribution of the work in printed form, including the joint or collective works. c) the sale, distribution and dissemination of the work; d) the publication of the work in online catalogues of libraries in Slovakia and abroad; e) the publication of work on the websites or other internet sites of electronic publishing tools (e.g. www.books.google.com, iBooks, etc.).
4. The author grants the License for an indefinite period of time without geographical and substantive restriction.
Article IVRoyalty and conditions of its payment
1. Parties have agreed that the author provides the License to use the work in the forms defined in the Article III. section 3 hereof royalty free.
Article VConditions of the license agreement
1. Author will provide to a licensor a complete manuscript of the work in one copy in electronic form through the form for sending contributions on the website of the journal STUDY IURIDICA Cassoviensis. The author hall provide the licensee with the complete manuscript of the work in one copy in electronic form through the form for submitting the articles on the website of the journal STUDIA IURIDICA Cassoviensia.
2. The author declares that the work has been prepared in accordance with the latest technical, scientific and didactic knowledge in the relevant field, the manuscript of the work, including the images, complies with the relevant national standards and is written in accordance with the valid rules of orthography and technical terminology.
3. The author declares that rights to the work he/she submits belongs to him/her without limitation and he/she guarantees all eventual claims of the third parties that could arise in this context.
4. The author is responsible for the originality of the text, the non-text parts of the manuscript; the parts for which the copyright does not belong to the author shall be specifically marked in the manuscript by the author and the author guarantees that relevant authors of these parts agree with the publication according to the conditions set by this agreement or that their use is in accordance with the applicable law.
5. The author is responsible for ensuring that his/her article shall not violate or that in relation to his/her article shall not violate the copyright of other persons, other intellectual property rights, and that there will be no violation of protection of personal rights or reputation of other persons. For the case that a sanction or damages to pay shall be imposed on the publisher or that the publisher incurs other material or non-material damage due to the violation of the author´s duties stated in the first sentence of this paragraph, the author shall be obliged to compensate for the full amount of the damage thus incurred by the publisher.
The licensee shall provide for the editorial and technical editing of the work and shall afterwards deliver it to the author for an author´s proofreading. The author is obliged to do the author´s proofreading duly and without special reward in the period no longer than one week from the receipt of the edited work. In case of author´s failure to meet the deadline, the licensee has the right to withdraw from this contract.
7. The licensee decides on graphic and technical adaptation of the work, size, colour, paper and binding while considering the economic profitability and, if possible, taking into consideration also the suggestions of the author.
8. The licensee will ensure the sale and distribution of the work on their account.
9. The author may promote his/her work, as well as save it at private or university repositories with the due statement of the editorial information of the journal.
10. The Author agrees that the licensee is entitled to process his/her personal data specified in his/her article, as well as in the form for submitting the articles, or in the e-mail sent to the Editorial Office in order to fulfil the subject-matter of this agreement. The author also agrees that the licensee is entitled to provide his/her personal data to the third persons participating directly or indirectly in the particular form of use of the work according to this agreement.
Article VIFinal provisions
1. Parties state and agree that the license agreement between the licensee and the author is concluded when the author sends a contribution for publication in journal STUDY IURIDICA Cassoviensis through the form for sending contributions listed on the website http://sic.pravo.upjs.sk or through the email to the editorial office. Parties state and agree that the license agreement between the licensee and the author is concluded when the author submits the article for publication in the journal STUDIA IURIDICA Cassoviensia through the form for submitting the articles listed on the website http://sic.pravo.upjs.sk or through the email to the Editorial Office.
2. The license agreement will become effective upon approval of the article for the publication in STUDIA IURIDICA Cassoviensia by the journal´s Editorial Board. The approval or disapproval will be announced to the author without due delay.
3. In case that the Editorial Board of the journal decides to conditionally publish the work in STUDIA IURIDICA Cassoviensia, the author is committed to implement the comments of the Editorial Board to his/her work within one week from the receipt of the request to do so. In case that the author fails to revise the article within the given period or duly, this agreement shall not become effective. Otherwise the effective date of this agreement shall be the date of delivering the revised work according to the comments of the Editorial Board to the Editorial Office of the journal.
4. In case that agreement will not become effective within six months from the entry into force, the validity of an agreement will be cancelled by expiration of period.
5. The licensee and the author identically declare that this way of concluding of license agreement is for them sufficiently clear and precise, and that they consider it to fully meet the conditions of a written form.